November 5, 2016 – GLORY 35 brought the action to Nice, France.
GLORY Light Heavyweight Champion, Artem Vakhitov (17-5), left no doubt he’s the man at Light Heavyweight as he dropped interim champion, Zack Mwekassa (14-4) three times in the second round to earn a TKO victory. Mwekassa was holding his own against the Russian – and then some – but that all came to an end courtesy of a Vakhitov right hand and jab that dropped Mwekassa in the second. Mwekassa never seemed to recover as he was dropped two more times in the round leading to the fight being stopped at 2:26 of the second round.
In the co-main event, Light Heavyweight Pavel Zhuravlev (70-11) made short work of Hameur Lain (56-14) as he rocked Lain early on with a big overhand right. Zhuravlev then connected with a second right hand that sent Lain stumbling into the ropes leading referee Tobias Gerold to step in and rule a knockdown. Smelling blood Zhuravlev poured it on forcing Lain to cover up against the ropes. Referee Gerold saw enough, and waved the fight off at 1:58 of the first.
Benjamin Adegbuyi (24-4) won the Heavyweight “Contender” tournament and the Ramon Dekkers Memorial Trophy by picking up decision victories over Hesdy Gerges (49-18-1) and Mladen Brestovac (50-12-1).
- Main event: Artem Vakhitov def. Zack Mwekassa by TKO Round 2
- Co-Main event:Pavel Zhuravlev def. Zinedine Hameur-Lain by TKO Round 1
Heavyweight tournament final
- Benjamin Adegbuyi def. Mladen Brestovac by unanimous decision
- Mladen Brestovac def. Jahfarr Wilnis by knockout Round 1
- Benjamin Adegbuyi def. Hesdy Gerges by unanimous decision
GLORY 35 Superfight Series
- Nicolas Wamba def. Nordine Mahieddine by unanimous decision
- Karim Benmansour def. Eyevan Danenberg by split decision
- Amel Dehby def. Jiwaen Lee by unanimous decision
- Christian Baya def. Josh Jauncey by majority decision
- Petpanomrung Kiatmookao def. Stanislav Renita by unanimous decision
- Cedric Castagna def. Vang Moua by unanimous decision