April 11, 2015 – Warriors Cup proves once again that the art of 8 limbs is alive and well in the State of New Jersey as WC treated fans to a great night of fights that featured 5 title bouts, including a barn-burner between Justin “The Purple People Eater” Greskiewicz and Eddie Martinez for the WBC National 147 lbs. Title.
The first title fight of the night featured Brian Hansen of 5 Points Academy against Kevin Koljick of Beta Academy. Both men came out determined to put on a show, but it was Hansen that showed that killer instinct as he split open Koljick’s eye to earn himself the TKO and the 177 lbs. Title. The next two title fights saw Brandice Peltier of 5 Point Academy and Vivek Nakarmia of Pentagon MMA, win close decisions over their opponents to capture the Warriors Cup women’s 140 and men’s 135 Titles, respectively.
Gaius Ebratt, determined to keep the streak alive for 5 points, dominated a game Sean Woodham in the next fight to capture the Warriors Cup 168 lb. Title. Ebratt may need to start looking to the pro ranks to find some competition – can anyone say Ebratt versus Clarke rematch?
The main event saw Justin “The Purple People Eater” Greskiewicz and Eddie Martinez go 5 back-and-forth rounds. Greskiewicz, who might have the best nickname in Muay Thai, started strong as he put Martinez down early in what was ruled a knockdown. Martinez showed he was up to the challenge as he came back in the middle rounds and appeared to take back the momentum. But it was ultimately Greskiewicz that earned a close decision victory. This was the third fight between these two warriors –Greskiewicz took the first by decision and Martinez the second by TKO – but I doubt it’ll be the last.
All in all it was a great night of fights. We can’t wait to see what Warriors Cup XXIII has in store – maybe Greskiewicz versus Martinez 4?
- Justin Greskiewicz (Stay Fly Muay Thai) defeats Eddie Martinez (Sitan Gym) for WBC National U.S. 147 lbs. Championship via unanimous decision.
- Gaius Ebratt (5 Points Academy) defeats Sean Woodham (The Institute Muay Thai) for A-Class Full Rules Warriors Cup 168 lbs. Title via unanimous decision.
- Vivek Nakarmi (Pentagon MMA) defeats Neil Mustafa (Rami Elite) for A-Class Full Rules Warriors Cup 135 lbs. Title via split decision.
- Brandice Peltier (5 Points Academy) defeats Chantal Perry (Kings Thai NYC) for A-Class Full Rules Female Warriors Cup 140 lbs. Title via split decision.
- Chanon Kuldraree (C3 Athletics) defeats Rob Gonzales (The Wat) via unanimous decision.
- Brian Hansen (5 Points Academy) defeats Kevin Koljack (Beta Academy) for A-Class Full Rules 177 lbs. Title via Technical Knockout in the 3rd.
- Eric Jung (The Institute Muay Thai) defeats Vinny Melillo (Serra Longo) via unanimous decision.
- Saidi Mohamed (Camp Undefeated) defeats Kenneth Jones (Stay Fly Muay Thai) via unanimous decision.
- Adel Hussain (Evolutionary) defeats Justin Troy (Chok Saboi) via Technical Knockout in the 2nd.
- Mike Gallagher (Weapons 9) defeats Jack Apibunyopas (Kings Thai) via unanimous decision.
- Gemma Fleming (The Wat) defeats Dina Lazebnik (Serra Longo) via unanimous decision.
- Stephanie Cruz (Chok Saboi) defeats Ariana Siegel (Squared Circle) via unanimous decision.